- Nitrosyl sulfate
- Nitrosyl hydrogen sulfate
- Nitrosyl bisulfate
- Nitrosonium hydrogen sulfate
- Nitrosonium bisulfate
- Sulfuric acid, monoanhydride with nitrous acid
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 8 14 29 35
S 26 36/37/39 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Decomposition point, °C
73 - 76
Vapor pressure, mmHg
44 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Refrigerator (approx 4C).
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Note: Most foams will react with the material and release corrosive/toxic gases. Small Fires: carbon dioxide (except for Cyanides), dry chemical, dry sand, alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Vapors may accumulate in confined areas (basement, tanks, hopper/tank cars, etc.). Substance will react with water (some violently), releasing corrosive and/or toxic gases. Reaction with water may generate much heat which will increase the concentration of fumes in the air. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract.
May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse his mouth and then to drink 2-4 cupfuls of water, and seek medical advice.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
2811 19 80