A yellow liquid with an ammonia-like odor.
Used to make other chemicals.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
harmful, corrosive, dangerous for the environment
R 20/21/22 34
S 26 36/37/39 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
Vapor density (air=1)
0.7812 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
0.55 cp (80 C)
1.4269 (20 C)
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Corrosives area.
Keep container tightly closed. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Do not ingest or inhale. Use with adequate ventilation. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides, strong acids.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract.
Causes skin burns.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).