- Triton X-100
- Koromex II
- Antarox A 200
- Photo-Flow 200
- Polyethylene glycol mono[4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenyl]ether
- Glycols, polyethylene, mono[p-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenyl] ether
Viscous, colorless liquid.
Nonionic detergent, emulsifier, dispersing agent.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 41
S 24 26 39
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.075 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1 (butyl acetate=1)
Solubility in water
1.4894 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents - strong reducing agents - high temperatures.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: Water or foam may cause frothing. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Repeated exposure may cause sensitization dermatitis.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May be harmful if swallowed.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation.
Causes severe eye irritation. Causes redness and pain.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
3402 13 00