Oxalic acid dihydrate
- Dicarbolic acid dihydrate
- Ethanedioic acid dihydrate
White, odorless powder.
Wood bleaching and brightener, stain remover
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Japan ENCS (MITI)
C2H2O4 . 2 H2O
Melting point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
2.7 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.65 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
14 0 g/L
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Do not ingest or inhale. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Avoid generating dusty conditions. Cover with sand, dry lime or soda ash and place in a closed container for disposal. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong bases, metals, silver, acid chlorides.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Extinguish using agent most appropriate for surrounding fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
TLV: ppm; 1 mg/m3 (ACGIH 1989).
2 (Very strong toxins)
Chronic inhalation and ingestion may cause effects similar to those of acute inhalation and ingestion.
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. Causes severe pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and shock. May cause hemorrhaging of the digestive tract. Overexposure can cause hypocalcemia and kidney
May cause severe irritation of the upper respiratory tract with pain, burns, and inflammation. May cause kidney damage.
Contact with skin causes irritation and possible burns, especially if the skin is wet or moist.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Discard contaminated clothing in a manner which limits further exposure.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
2917 11 00