- 1H-1,2,4-Triazole-1-ethanol, b-[(4-chlorophenyl)methyl]-a-(1,1-dimethylethyl)-, (R*,R*)-(+-)-
Off-white to beige solid..
Plant growth regulator.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
2.7E-9 (25 C)
Solubility in water
26 mg/L (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store the material in a well-ventilated, secure area out of reach of children and domestic animals. Do not store food, beverages or tobacco products in the storage area.
Chemical safety goggles, impervious gloves (nitrile or butyl) and protective work clothing.
A NIOSH-certified combination air-purifying respirator with an N, P or R 95 or HE class filter and an organic vapor cartridge may be permissible under certain circumstances where airborne concentrations are expected to exceed exposure limits. Protection provided by air-purifying respirators is limited. Use a pressure demand atmosphere-supplying respirator if there is any potential for uncontrolled release, exposure levels are not known, or under any other circumstances where air-purifying respirators may not provide adequate protection.
If a solid, sweep up material and place in a compatible disposal container. If a liquid, cover entire spill with absorbing material and place into compatible disposal container. Scrub area with hard water detergent.
Stable under normal storage conditions.
Will form toxic fumes and high temperature.
Use dry chemical, foam or CO2 extinguishing media. Wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus. Evacuate nonessential personnel from the area to prevent human exposure to fire, smoke, fumes or products of combustion. Prevent use of contaminated buildings, area, and equipment until decontaminated. Water runoff can cause environmental damage. If water is used to fight fire, dike and collect runoff.
During a fire, irritating and possibly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion.
Harmful if inhaled or swallowed. Dust, mist or vapor irritating to eyes and respiratory tract. May cause skin irritation.
If swallowed, induce vomiting immediately as directed by medical doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If inhaled: Move person to fresh air. Call doctor for further treatment advice if effects occur.
Wash off in flowing water or shower.
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.