- Aspin VK
- 3,3-Dimethyl-7-oxo-6-(2-phenoxy-acetamido)-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid monopotassium salt
- Phenoxymethylpenicillin potassium
Odorless white crystalline powder. Slightly bitter taste.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Tumorigen; Drug; Mutagen
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Wear a NIOSH-approved half face respirator equipped with an organic vapor/acid gas cartridge (specific for organic vapors, HCl, acid gas and SO2) with a dust/mist filter.
If you spill this chemical, you should dampen the solid spill material with water, then transfer the dampened material to a suitable container. Use absorbent paper dampened with water to pick up any remaining material. Seal your contaminated clothing and the absorbent paper in a vapor-tight plastic bag for eventual disposal. Wash all contaminated surfaces with a soap and water solution. Do not reenter the contaminated area until the Safety Officer (or other responsible person) has verified that the area has been properly cleaned.
Incompatible with acids, oxidizing agents (especially in the presence of trace metals), heavy metal ions such as copper, lead, zinc and mercury; glycerol, sympathomimetic amines, thiomersal, wood alcohols, cetostearyl alcohol, hard paraffins, macrogols, cocoa butter and many ionic an nonionic surface-active agents Incompatible with alkalis, compounds leached from vulcanized rubber, hydrochlorides of tetracyclines and organic peroxides Incompatible with naphthalene oils and vitamin B.
Fires involving this material can be controlled with a dry chemical, carbon dioxide or Halon extinguisher.
This material is probably combustible.
drowsiness, myoclonus, seizures, and coma may occur following large iv doses. Neurological side effects may be more common in patients with impaired renal function.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain may occur.
Symptoms of exposure to this compound include hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock with collapse and sometimes death. Other symptoms include cardiac arrhythmias, liver necrosis and hemolytic anemia. It can cause urticaria, fever, eosinophilia, joint pains, angioneurotic edema, erythema multiforme and exfoliative dermatitis. It can also cause allergies. Additional symptoms of exposure to this type of compound include rash, peripheral neuritis, wheezing, pruritus, flushing of the skin, neutropenia and drop in blood pressure.
Contact dermatitis may occur due to hypersensitivity reactions.
DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. If the victim is conscious and not convulsing, give 1 or 2 glasses of water to dilute the chemical and IMMEDIATELY call a hospital or poison control center. Be prepared to transport the victim to a hospital if advised by a physician.
IMMEDIATELY leave the contaminated area; take deep breaths of fresh air. If symptoms (such as wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, or burning in the mouth, throat, or chest) develop, call a physician and be prepared to transport the victim to a hospital. Provide proper respiratory protection to rescuers entering an unknown atmosphere. Whenever possible, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) should be used.
IMMEDIATELY flood affected skin with water while removing and isolating all contaminated clothing. Gently wash all affected skin areas thoroughly with soap and water. If symptoms such as redness or irritation develop, IMMEDIATELY call a physician and be prepared to transport the victim to a hospital for treatment.
First check the victim for contact lenses and remove if present. Flush victim's eyes with water or normal saline solution for 20 to 30 minutes while simultaneously calling a hospital or poison control center. Do not put any ointments, oils, or medication in the victim's eyes without specific instructions from a physician. IMMEDIATELY transport the victim after flushing eyes to a hospital even if no symptoms (such as redness or irritation) develop.