- Pentadecyl alcohol
Colorless liquid with a faint odor of alcohol.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 22 24/25
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
41 - 44
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.00013 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
0.893 g/cm3 (21 C)
Solubility in water
7.3 (60 C)
1.4426 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: This material is lighter than water and insoluble in water. The fire could easily be spread by the use of water in an area where the water cannot be contained. DO NOT USE WATER OR FOAM. In case of fire, use carbon dioxide or dry chemical.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema.
Causes severe skin irritation.
Causes severe eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.