Pentobarbital sodium salt
Crystalline granules or white powder.
Anesthetic; sedative; hypnotic; enhances GABAergic activity.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Human Data
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus, rubber boots, and heavy rubber gloves.
Government approved respirator.
Evacuate area. Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Aqueous solutions are unstable upon storage. Solid is stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide. Nitrogen oxides.
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes. Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Target organ is the central nervous system. Prolonged or repeated exposure can lead to habituation or addiction. Respiratory depression and sedation. Exposure can cause: Gastrointestinal disturbances.
Toxic if swallowed.
Material may be irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
May cause skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician immediately.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.