Phenyl peri acid
- 8-Anilinonaphthalene-1-sulfonic acid
- 8-Anilino-1-naphthalenesulfonic acid
- 8-(Phenylamino)-1-naphthalenesulfonic acid
- 1-(Phenylamino)-8-naphthalenesulfonic acid
Green gray solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong bases.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
May cause liver and kidney damage.
May cause central nervous system depression, kidney damage, and liver damage. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May be harmful if swallowed. Ingestion of anilinonaphthalene, a similar compound, causes acute vascular changes in the liver, lungs and brain as a result of venous congestion.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May cause narcotic effects in high concentration. Exposure to similar compounds has caused weight loss, blood changes, and lung damage.
Causes skin irritation. Similar compounds have been shown to cause hypersensitivity to light and acne.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.