- Molybdophosphoric acid hydrate
- Phosphoric acid, molybdenum complex
- Molybdate(3-), tetracosa-m-oxododecaoxo[m12-[phosphato(3-)-kO:kO:kO:kO':kO':kO':kO'':kO'':kO'':kO''':kO''':kO''']]dodeca-, trihydrogen, hydrate
Bright yellow crystals with a pungent odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 8 34
S 17 26 36/37/39 45
H3Mo12O40P . xH2O
Melting point, °C
78 - 90
Vapor pressure, mmHg
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Do not store near combustible materials. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Refrigerator (approx 4 C). Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with clothing and other combustible materials. Do not ingest or inhale. Discard contaminated shoes. Do not breathe dust or fumes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear a chemical apron. Wear appropriate clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Cover with sand, dry lime or soda ash and place in a closed container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. In case of spill, sweep up solid or absorb liquid with inert material, then place into a biohazard container. Wear protective equipment.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Nature of decomposition products unknown..
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water with caution and in flooding amounts. Oxidizer. Greatly increases the burning rate of combustible materials. Extinguishing media: Substance is noncombustible; use agent most appropriate to extinguish surrounding fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. May cause systemic effects. May cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, possibly with blood.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. May cause systemic effects. May cause burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting. May cause acute pulmonary edema, asphyxia, chemical pneumonitis, and upper airway obstruction caused by edema.
Causes skin burns. May cause skin rash (in milder cases), and cold and clammy skin with cyanosis or pale color.
Causes eye burns. May cause permanent corneal opacification. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III
2811 19 80