- Oils, pine
A clear colorless to light amber colored liquid. Primarily comprised of terpene alcohols.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Human Data; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
0.95 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Maintain in a cool, dry location in a sealed container.
Containers of this material may be hazardous when emptied. Since emptied containers retain product residues (vapor, liquid, and/or solid), all hazard precautions given in the data sheet must be observed.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Make no contact with the spilled material. ELIMINATE all ignition sources and ground all equipment. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. Use clean non-sparking tools to collect absorbed material.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Flammable and/or toxic gases are generated by combination with with alkali metals, nitrides, and strong reducing agents Reacts with oxoacids and carboxylic acids to form esters plus water Incompatible with oxidizing agents.
Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, various hydrocarbons.
Do not extinguish fire unless flow can be stopped. Use water in flooding quantities as fog. Solid streams of water may be ineffective. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Apply water from as far a distance as possible. Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Forms heavy black smoke and soot.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Signs and symptoms of exposure to this material through breathing, swallowing, and/or passage of the material through the skin may include: stomach or intestinal upset (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) irritation (nose, throat, airways), central nervous system depression (dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, fatigue, nausea, headache, unconsciousness).
Swallowing small amounts of this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing large amounts may be harmful. This material can get into the lungs during swallowing or vomiting. This results in lung inflammation and other lung injury.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause irritation or burns.
May cause mild skin irritation. Symptoms may include redness and burning of skin.
Can cause eye irritation. Symptoms include stinging, tearing, redness, and swelling of eyes.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash skin with soap and water. Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes
Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.