Potassium oxalate monohydrate
- Dipotassium oxalate monohydrate
- Oxalic acid dipotassium salt monohydrate
- Ethanedioic acid, dipotassium salt, monohydrate
odorless white crystals
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Japan ENCS (MITI)
C2K2O4 . H2O
Melting point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
360 g/L (20 C) (anhydrous substance)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Use with adequate ventilation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Do not ingest or inhale. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Combustion generates toxic fumes. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Substance is noncombustible; use agent most appropriate to extinguish surrounding fire. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
2 (Very strong toxins)
Chronic inhalation and ingestion may cause effects similar to those of acute inhalation and ingestion.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes digestive tract irritation with possible burns. May cause kidney and liver damage, severe shock, convulsions, collapse, and possible
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III
2917 11 00