- Dipotassium oxalate
- Ethanedioic acid, dipotassium salt
Odorless white crystals.
Reagent in analytical chemistry, source of oxalic acid, bleaching and cleaning, removing stains from textiles, photography.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
2.13 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep containers closed when not in use. Protect product from moisture. Product is sensitive to light.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear plastic or rubber gloves, eye goggles and other suitable protective clothing to minimise exposure.
Wear breathing apparatus in dusty atmospheres.
Clean-up personnel should wear full protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus for dusty conditions. Prevent material from entering drains and sewers.
Stable at normal handling and storage temperatures.
Oxidizing agents, bases, acid chlorides, alkali metals, steel, moisture and metals.
Oxides of carbon.
Fire-fighters should wear full protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus. In case of fire use carbon dioxide, foam, powder or water spray. DO NOT use water in a jet (will spread product).
May cause kidney damage. Chronic inhalation and ingestion may cause effects similar to those of acute inhalation and ingestion.
The accidental ingestion of soluble oxalic acid salts produces general intoxication by hypocalcemia (shivers, convulsions, coma, coagulation disorders etc.) and mostly acute nephritis with precipitation of insoluble calcium oxalate in renal tubes. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause corrosion and permanent tissue destruction of the oesophagus and digestive tract. May cause kidney and liver damage, severe shock, convulsions, collapse, and possible death if ingested in large amounts.
May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and pulmonary oedma. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
May cause skin irritation. Harmful by subcutaneous contact.
May cause conjunctivitis. May cause eye irritation and possible burns.
DO NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Seek medical attention immediately.
Remove victim to fresh air; if exposure to dust is severe, get medical attention.
Flush with water.
Flush with water and seek medical attention.
USCG CHRIS Code