Registry Numbers and Inventories.
22 36/37/38 43
7 23 26 36 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.26 (25 C)
0.914 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
0.12 g/L (25 C)
1.5470 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Keep away from heat and open flame. Store at -20 C.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing.
Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face respirator with multi-purpose combination (US) or type ABEK (EN 14387) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator.
Absorb on sand or vermiculite and place in closed containers for disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Requires presence of stabilizer (3000 ppm hydroquinone).
Heavy metal salts, peroxides, strong oxidizing agents.
Oxides of carbon.
For small (incipient) fires, use media such as alcohol foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. For large fires, apply water from as far as possible. Use very large quantities (flooding) of water applied as a mist or spray; solid streams of water may be ineffective. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Material has been reported to be probably carcinogenic based on its IARC, OSHA, ACGIH, NTP, or EPA classification. Target organs: Lungs. Kidneys. Eyes. Blood. Liver.
May be harmful if swallowed.
Material is irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
Causes skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin. May cause allergic skin reaction.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.