- trans-5-Methyl-2-isopropylcyclohexanone, (2S)
- Cyclohexanone, 5-methyl-2-(1-methylethyl)-, (2S,5R)-
Clear, colorless liquid. Peppermint odor.
Substance is used in perfume and flavor compositions.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
0.8954 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.4503 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Cover with sand, dry lime or soda ash and place in a closed container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Combustible Liquid. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Water may be ineffective. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. Inhalation at high concentrations may cause CNS depression and asphixiation.
May cause irritation and dermatitis. May cause cyanosis of the extremities.
May cause eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2914 29 00