slightly beige crystals
Employed in studies on the OsO4-catalyzed dihydroxylation of olefins.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
24/25 38 41
26 36/37/39 45
Boiling point, °C
Sublimation point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
4 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool dry place. Incompatible Materials: Absorbs carbon dioxide from air.
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus, rubber boots, and heavy rubber gloves.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Acids, Acid chlorides, Acid anhydrides, Oxidizing agents, Chloroformates.
Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen oxides.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Toxic in contact with skin and if swallowed. Irritating to skin. Risk of serious damage to eyes.
Toxic if swallowed.
Material may be irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be toxic by inhalation.
Causes skin irritation. Toxic if absorbed through skin.
Causes severe eye irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician immediately.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.