Silvery-white metal,. Gray powder. Odorless.
Used as a substitute for platinum in jewelry.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 22 24/25
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
12.45 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
2250 erg/cm2 (2310 C)
9.07E-5/K (20 C)
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Flammables-area.
Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Will burn if involved in a fire. This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion. Flammable solid. Extinguishing media: Use dry chemical to fight fire.
This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Get medical aid. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.