- bis(bisdimethylaminophosphonous) anhydride
- bis(dimethylamino)phosphonous anhydride
- bis(dimethylamino)phosphoric anhydride
- bis-N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylphosphorodiamidic anhydride
- Lethalaire g-59
Dark brown viscous liquid.
Acaricide, systemic insecticide.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
82 - 83 (0.001 torr)
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.09 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.462 (24 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in well ventilated area.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Workers handling and applying organophosphate pesticides must be given personal protective equipment comprising overalls made of a tight fabric or polyvinyl chloride, gloves, and rubber boots. The eyes should be protected by goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Caution : Avoid sources of extreme heat including fire. Diphosphoramide, octamethyl- will liberate toxic phosphorus oxides when heated to decomposition. (Non-Specific -- Organophosphorus Liquid Pesticides) Use water spray to knock down vapors. Attempt to stop leak if it can be done without hazard. Avoid breathing vapors. Keep upwind. Avoid bodily contact with material. Do not handle broken packages without protective equipment. Wash away any material which may have contacted the body with copious amounts of water or soap and water.
(Non-Specific -- Organophosphorus Liquid Pesticides) Do not extinguish fire unless flow can be stopped. Use water in flooding quantities as fog. Solid streams of water may be ineffective. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Apply water from as far a distance as possible. Use alcohol foam, carbon dioxide, or dry chemical.
When heated to decomposition, it can emit highly toxic fumes of oxides of phosphorus. Decomposes when mixed with acid. Hydrolyzed under acid conditions to dimethylamine and orthophosphoric acid.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Fever, low heart rate and abnormally low blood pressure, or rapid heart rate and elevated blood pressure may occur. Headache, dizziness, muscle spasms and profound weakness are common. Alterations of level of consciousness, anxiety, paralysis, seizures and coma may occur. Seizures may be more common in children.
Vomiting, hypersalivation, diarrhea, fecal incontinence and abdominal pain may occur.
Dyspnea, rales, bronchorrhea, bronchospasm, or tachypnea may be noted. Noncardiogenic pulmonary edema may occur in severe cases. Chemical pneumonitis may be seen.
Sweating is a consistent but not universal sign.
Constriction of the pupil, tearing, and blurred vision are common. Prolonged dialation of the pupils may occur in severe poisonings. Opsoclonus has been reported in one case. Salivation commonly occurs.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code