Silver perchlorate monohydrate
hygroscopic white crystals
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
43 (0.0005 torr)
0.9947 g/cm3 (20 C)
1.498 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Do not store near combustible materials. Refrigerator (approx 4 C).
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with clothing and other combustible materials. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear a chemical apron. Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Do not use combustible materials such as paper towels to clean up spill.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Reducing agents, alcohols.
Hydrogen chloride, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, oxides of silver, oxides of chlorine.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Strong oxidizer. Contact with combustible materials may cause a fire. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water with caution and in flooding amounts. Some oxidizers may react explosively with hydrocarbons(fuel). May accelerate burning if involved in a fire. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: Contact professional fire-fighters immediately. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. For small fires DO NOT use dry chemicals, carbon dioxide, halon or foams. USE WATER ONLY. For large fires flood fire with water from a distance.
These substances will accelerate burning when involved in a fire.
May explode from heat or contamination. May react explosively with hydrocarbons (fuels). May ignite combustibles.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause methemoglobinemia, which is characterized by chocolate-brown colored blood, headache, weakness, dizziness, breath shortness, cyanosis, rapid heart rate, unconsciousness and possible death. Effects may be delayed.
May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause cardiac disturbances. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, and death. May cause central nervous system effects. May cause burns to the gastrointestinal tract. May cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, possibly with blood.
Inhalation of high concentrations may cause central nervous system effects characterized by headache, dizziness, unconsciousness and coma. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, tachycardia, dyspnea, and death. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause cardiac abnormalities. May cause acute pulmonary edema, asphyxia, chemical pneumonitis, and upper airway obstruction caused by edema.
May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
May cause conjunctivitis. May cause permanent corneal opacification.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.