- Mercuric silver iodide
- Mercury(II) silver iodide
- Mercury disilver tetraiodide
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R: 26/27/28 33 50/53
S: 13 28 45 60 61
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly sealed. Store in cool, dry conditions in well sealed containers. Store under lock and key and with access restricted to technical experts or their assistants only.
Protective work clothing. Chemical protective gloves. Safety glasses or goggles.
Halogens, reactive metals.
Product is not flammable. Use fire fighting measures that suit the surrounding fire. Wear self-contained respirator. Wear fully protective impervious suit.
Hydrogen iodide, toxic metal oxide fumes.
NIOSH PEL: 0.01 mg/m3 (as Ag), 0.1 mg/m3 (as Hg)
Acute and chronic exposure to inorganic mercury can cause salivation with metallic taste, pain on chewing, gingevitis, colitis, stomatitis, kidney damage, and central nervous system damage. The latter can cause tremors, convulsive or shaking movements and psychic disturbances such as memory loss, insomnia, loss of confidence, irritability and depression. Excessive exposure may result in death. Prolonged exposure to iodides may cause skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. In severe cases the skin may show pimples, boils, redness, black and blue spots, hives and blisters. Iodides are readily diffused across the placenta. Absorption of silver compounds by ingestion, inhalation or through broken skin can cause argyria, a permanent bluish-grey discoloration of the skin, conjuctiva and mucous membranes.
Do not induce vomiting; immediately call for medical help. Seek immediate medical advice.
Supply fresh air. If required, provide artificial respiration. Keep patient warm. Seek immediate medical advice.
Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly. Seek immediate medical advice.
Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. Then consult a doctor.