Silvex isooctyl ester
- Isooctyl 2-(2,4,5-trichlorophenoxy)propionate
- 2-(2,4,5-Trichlorophenoxy)propionic acid isooctyl ester
- Propionic acid, 2-(2,4,5-trichlorophenoxy)-, isooctyl ester
- a-(2,4,5-Trichlorophenoxy)propionic acid isooctyl ester
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide
Boiling point, °C
1.183 g/cm3 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed in a well ventilated area away from food products. Keep away from heat and water.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Protect against both inhalation and absorption through the skin. Must wear protective clothing including niosh approved rubber gloves and boots, safety goggles or face mask, hooded suit, and a self contained breathing apparatus. Care must be taken to decontaminate fully or dispose of all equipment and clothing after use.
Use NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator appropriate for exposure of concern.
Keep material out of water sources and sewers. Build dikes to contain flow as necessary. Land spill: Dig a pit, pond, lagoon, holding area to contain liquid or solid material. Cover solids with a plastic sheet to prevent dissolving in rain or fire fighting water. Water spill: If dissolved, in region of 10 ppm or greater concentration, apply activated carbon at ten times the spilled amount. Remove trapped material with suction hoses. Use mechanical dredges or lifts to remove immobilized masses of pollutants and precipitates.
Strong oxidizing acids may cause a vigorous reaction that is sufficiently exothermic to ignite the reaction products.
Extinguish fire using agent suitable for type of surrounding fire. (Material itself does not burn or burns with difficulty.)
Emits noxious fumes, including chloride.
INHALATION: Vapors or mists may be irritating to nose and throat. EYES: Mild irritation. SKIN: Irritation-slight to moderate. INGESTION: Weakness, lethargy, anorexia, diarrhea, spasticity, possible death due to ventricular fibrillation and subsequent cardiac arrest.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
Remove victim to fresh air, if needed administer artificial respiration.
Wash with soap and water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.
USCG CHRIS Code
Std. Transport #