- Borate(1-), tetrahydro-d4-, sodium
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Water free area. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not allow water to get into the container because of violent reaction. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not allow contact with water. Discard contaminated shoes. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Scoop up with a nonsparking tool, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not expose spill to water.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Combines vigorously or explosively with water.
Contact with water liberates highly flammable gases., strong oxidizing agents, acids, alcohols, moisture, water.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, oxides of boron, borane.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Reacts violently with water giving off flammable gas which may explode. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Water Reactive. Material will react with water and may release a flammable and/or toxic gas. Dust can be an explosion hazard when exposed to heat or flame. Flammable solid. May ignite or explode on contact with steam or moist air. May burn rapidly with flare burning effect. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: Use dry sand or earth to smother fire. DO NOT USE WATER! Do NOT get water inside containers. Contact professional fire-fighters immediately. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, sand, earth, water spray or regular foam. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water.
Produce flammable gases on contact with water.
May ignite on contact with water or moist air. Some react vigorously or explosively on contact with water. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. May be transported in highly flammable liquids.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause liver and kidney damage. Effects may be delayed.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. May cause cardiac disturbances. May cause central nervous system depression. May cause systemic effects. May cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and increased salivation.
May cause liver and kidney damage. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. May cause cardiac abnormalities. May cause systemic effects. Olfactory fatigue may occur. Inhalation at high concentrations may cause CNS depression and asphixiation.
Contact with skin causes irritation and possible burns, especially if the skin is wet or moist. May cause skin rash (in milder cases), and cold and clammy skin with cyanosis or pale color.
Causes eye burns. When substances becomes wet or comes in contact with moisture of the mucous membranes, it becomes an irritant. May cause lacrimation (tearing), blurred vision, and photophobia. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes. If water-reactive products are embedded in the skin, no water should be applied. The embedded products should be covered with a light oil.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).