Sodium cacodylate trihydrate
- Dimethylarsenic acid sodium salt trihydrate
- Arsine oxide, hydroxydimethyl, sodium salt, trihydrate
White solid. Weak odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
toxic, dangerous for the environment
R 23/25 50/53
S 20/21 28.1 45 60 61
C2H6AsNaO2 . 3H2O
Melting point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
>1 g/cm3 (20C)
Solubility in water
2000 g/L (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents and strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxides of arsenic.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
Containers may explode when heated.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Chronic exposure to arsenical dust may cause breath shortness, nausea, chest pains, and garlic odor.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause kidney damage.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2931 00 95