Sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate
- Sodium monobasic phosphate
- Monosodium phosphate monohydrate
- Phosphoric acid, monosodium salt, monohydrate
White hygroscopic crystals
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
H2NaO4P . H2O
Melting point, °C
2.04 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Substance is incompatible with strong acids and may corrode some metals in the presence of moisture.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Dusts at sufficient concentrations can form explosive mixtures with air. Combustion generates toxic fumes. Extinguishing media: Use extinguishing media most appropriate for the surrounding fire.
5 (Substances and products with a low hazard& potential)
Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation. Low hazard for usual industrial handling.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. Low hazard for usual industrial handling.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid if irritation or symptoms occur.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2835 22 00