Sodium dihydrogen phosphate
- Acid sodium phosphate
- Monobasic sodium phosphate
- Monosodium dihydrogen orthophosphate
- Monosodium dihydrogen phosphate
- Monosodium hydrogen phosphate
- Monosodium orthophosphate
White, odorless, granular solid or crystalline powder, slightly hygroscopic.
pH Adjustment, Fungicide, Herbicide, Microbiocide
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
0.9996 g/cm3 (24.75 - 24.95 C)
Solubility in water
487 g/L @ 25 C
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid prolonged or repeated contact with skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
None reported with common materials.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Extinguish using media most apropriate for surrounding fire. Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus with a full facepiece operated in the positive pressure demand mode with appropriate turn-out gear and chemical resistant personal protective equipment.
Nonflammable sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate
Behavior in fire: May melt with loss of steam.
Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation.
Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2835 22 00