Sodium hydroxide phosphate
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
1.62 g/cm3 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed in a cool place in a tightly closed container.
Containers of this material may be hazardous when emptied. Since emptied containers retain product residues (vapor, liquid, and/or solid), all hazard precautions given in the data sheet must be observed.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
If overexposure has been determined or documented, a NIOSH/MSHA jointly approved air supplied respirator is advised in absence of proper environmental control. OSHA regulations also permit other NIOSH/MSHA respirators under specified conditions.
Small Spill - Sweep up material for disposal or recovery. Large Spill - Persons not wearing protective equipment should be excluded from area of spill until clean-up is completed. Stop spill at source. Dike to prevent spreading. Pump to salvage tank. Shovel material into containers. Thoroughly sweep area of spill to clean up any residual material.
Aluminum, moisture, strong mineral acids.
Phosphorous oxides, sodium oxide.
Extinguish fire using water fog. Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus with a full facepiece operated in the positive pressure demand mode with appropriate turn-out gear and chemical resistant personal protective equipment.
During a fire, irritating or toxic decomposition products may be generated.
Symptoms of exposure to this material through breathing, swallowing, and/or passage of the material through the skin may include: cough, difficult breathing.
Swallowing this material may be harmful or fatal. Symptoms may include severe stomach and intestinal irritation (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), abdominal pain, and vomiting of blood. Swallowing this material may cause burns and destroy tissue in the mouth, throat, and digestive tract. Low blood pressure and shock may occur as a result of severe tissue injury.
This material is a dust or may produce dust. Breathing this material may be harmful or fatal. Symptoms may include severe irritation and burns to the nose, throat, and respiratory tract.
Can cause severe skin irritation. Symptoms may include redness and burning of skin, and other skin damage.
Can cause permanent eye injury. Symptoms include stinging, tearing, redness, and swelling of eyes. Can injure the cornea and cause blindness.
Seek immediate medical attention. Do not induce vomiting. Vomiting will cause further damage to the mouth and throat. If individual is conscious and alert, immediately rinse mouth with water and give milk or water to drink. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Remove contaminated clothing. Wash exposed area with soap and water. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. Launder clothing before reuse.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.