- Hydrogen sodium selenite
- Hydrogen sodium selenium oxide
- Sodium hydrogen trioxoselenite
- Sodium hydroselenite
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
toxic, dangerous for the environment
R 23/25 33 50/53
S 20/21 28.1 45 60 61
Mutagen; Reproductive Effector
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Solubility in water
580 g/L (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Wash clothing before reuse. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents - strong acids.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Substance is noncombustible. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use water spray, fog or regular foam.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Chronic exposure to selenium may cause central nervous system effects, digestive tract disturbances, pallor, garlic breath,
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Effects of inhalation may be delayed.
May cause skin irritation. May be absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code
2842 90 10