- Borate(1-), tris(acetato-kappaO)hydro-, sodium, (T-4)-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 7/8 43
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Water free area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Handle under an inert atmosphere. Use only in a chemical fume hood. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Provide ventilation.
Reacts violently with water.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxides of boron, hydrogen gas.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Will burn if involved in a fire. Water Reactive. Material will react with water and may release a flammable and/or toxic gas. Contact with water liberates highly flammable gases. Extinguishing media: Do NOT use halogenated agents. Use approved class D extinguishing agents or smother with dry sand, clay, or sodium bicarbonate. Do NOT use water, carbon dioxide, or foam.
Produce flammable gases on contact with water.
May ignite on contact with water or moist air. Some react vigorously or explosively on contact with water. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. May be transported in highly flammable liquids.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Chronic inhalation and ingestion may cause effects similar to those of acute inhalation and ingestion.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and pulmonary edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. May cause abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and inflammation of the gums and mouth. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III