Streptomycin A sulfate
- Ambistryn S
- D-Streptamine, O-2-deoxy-2-(methylamino)-a-L-glucopyranosyl-(1Æ2)-O-5-deoxy-3-C-formyl-a-L-lyxofuranosyl-(1Æ4)-N,N'-bis(aminoiminomethyl)-, sulfate (2:3)
White to light gray or pale buff powder with faint amine-like odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Human Data
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Combustion generates toxic fumes. Extinguishing media: Use extinguishing media most appropriate for the surrounding fire.
May cause reproductive and fetal effects.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause kidney damage. May cause auditory damage with possible loss of hearing. May cause neuromuscular
May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. May be absorbed through the skin.
Exposure to solid may cause pain and redness.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.