- 3,5-Dimethylbenzoic acid N-tert-butyl-N-(4-ethylbenzoyl)hydrazide
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Solubility in water
0.83 mg/L (25 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed.
Protective gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Wear dust mask.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
May burn but does not ignite readily.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Properties of this material have not yet been prepared. Any recommendations are of a general nature. Many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested. ALWAYS contact your local poision control authority or medical professional for assistance.
May be harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if inhaled. Material may be irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
May cause skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If breathing becomes difficult, call a physician.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.