White to cream crystalline powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 24 20/22 36/37/38
S 26 28 36/37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
95 - 101
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store protected from moisture. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Keep from contact with moist air and steam. Do not breathe dust or fumes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Wash area with soap and water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Phosphine, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, carbon dioxide, hydrogen bromide, bromine fumes, palladium.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May be harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if inhaled. Causes irritation of the mucous membrane and upper respiratory tract.
May be fatal if absorbed through the skin. Causes severe skin irritation and possible burns.
Causes severe eye irritation and possible burns.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
2931 00 95