Catalyst for olefin polymerization.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Organometallic
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.1 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
0.73 cp (20 C)
26.22 g/s2 (14 C)
1.469 (19.7 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Poison room locked. Do not expose to air. Store under an inert atmosphere.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale. Handle under an inert atmosphere. Store protected from air. Use only in a chemical fume hood. Discard contaminated shoes. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Use water spray to disperse the gas/vapor. Remove all sources of ignition. Absorb spill using an absorbent, non-combustible material such as earth, sand, or vermiculite. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation. Place under an inert atmosphere.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Air sensitive Forms explosive mixtures with air.
Strong oxidizing agents, air.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, tin/tin oxides, acrid smoke and fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Water runoff can cause environmental damage. Dike and collect water used to fight fire. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Combustible Liquid. May explode when heated. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. For large fires, use water spray, fog or regular foam. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or regular foam.
Tetraethyltin tends to ignite in air.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
When heated to decompositon it emits acrid smoke and fumes.
IDHL: 25 mg/m3
Chronic ingestion may cause liver damage. Effects may be delayed. May have cerebral effects including edema of brain and spinal cord and chromatolysis of the cerebellum.
May be fatal if swallowed. Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause central nervous system effects and/or neurological effects. Ingestion may cause retina and optic nerve damage. General signs of overexposure include muscular weakness and paralysis leading to respiratory failure, tremors, convulsive movements, closure of the eyelids, and photophobia.
May be fatal if inhaled. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. Inhalation at high concentrations may cause CNS depression and asphixiation. Causes irritation of the mucous membrane and upper respiratory tract.
May be fatal if absorbed through the skin. Effects of contact may be delayed. Causes skin irritation and possible burns. Substance is readily absorbed through the slkin. May cause cyanosis of the extremities.
May cause eye irritation and possible burns. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. SPEEDY ACTION IS CRITICAL, GET MEDICAL AID IMMEDIATELY.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code