- Ethanaminium, N,N,N-triethyl-, perchlorate
White crystalline solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Do not store near combustible materials. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid contact with clothing and other combustible materials. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Avoid mechanical shock and friction. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear a chemical apron. Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers. Do not use combustible materials such as paper towels to clean up spill.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions. Substance is shock sensitive and thermally unstable.
Benzene, acids, alcohols and glycols (e.g. butyl alcohol, ethanol, methanol, ethylene glycol), aldehydes (e.g. acetaldehyde, acrolein, chloral hydrate, formaldehyde), amides (e.g. butyramide, diethyltoluamide, dimethyl formamide), amines (aliphatic and aromatic, e.g. dimethyl amine, propylamine, pyridine, triethylamine), azo, diazo, and hydrazines (e.g. dimethyl hydrazine, hydrazine, methyl hydrazine), carbamates (e.g. carbanolate, carbofuran), cyanides (e.g. potassium cyanide, sodium cyanide), dithiocarbamates (e.g. ferbam, maneb, metham, thiram), esters (e.g. butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, propyl formate), ethers (e.g. dioxane, furfuran, tetrahydrofuran (THF)), hydrocarbons (aromatic, e.g. benzene, chrysene, cumene, toluene), halogenated organics (e.g. dib
Nitrogen oxides, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, ammonia and hydrochloric acid fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Strong oxidizer. Contact with combustible materials may cause a fire. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water with caution and in flooding amounts. This material is an explosion hazard when exposed to heat, mechanical shock, or friction. Material is shock sensitive and potentially explosive. Greatly increases the burning rate of combustible materials. Containers may explode when heated. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. Contact professional fire-fighters immediately. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. For small fires DO NOT use dry chemicals, carbon dioxide, halon or foams. USE WATER ONLY.
These substances will accelerate burning when involved in a fire.
May explode from heat or contamination. May react explosively with hydrocarbons (fuels). May ignite combustibles.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause burns to the gastrointestinal tract. May cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, possibly with blood.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema. May cause acute pulmonary edema, asphyxia, chemical pneumonitis, and upper airway obstruction caused by edema.
May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
Causes eye irritation. May cause permanent corneal opacification. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III