- 3,4,5,6-Tetrahydrophthalic anhydride
- 1-Cyclohexene-1,2-dicarboxylic anhydride
- 1-Cyclohexene-1,2-dicarboxylic acid anhydride
- 1,3-Isobenzofurandione, 4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-
White to light yellow powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Irritant; Sensitising; Dangerous for the Environment
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.001 (25 C)
1.2 g/cm3 (105C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from moisture.
Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not allow contact with water. Wash clothing before reuse. Discard contaminated shoes. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents, strong acids, strong bases, moisture.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Contact with water forms corrosive vapors. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. For large fires, use water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam. Do NOT use straight streams of water. For small fires, use carbon dioxide, dry chemical, dry sand, or alcohol-resistant foam. Most foams will react with the material and release corrosive/toxic gases.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
Substance will react with water (some violently) releasing flammable, toxic or corrosive gases and runoff. When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. May cause cardiac disturbances. May cause central nervous system effects. May cause systemic effects.
Inhalation of high concentrations may cause central nervous system effects characterized by headache, dizziness, unconsciousness and coma. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. May cause cardiac abnormalities. May cause systemic effects. Exposure may produce metabolic acidosis.
Causes skin burns. May cause skin rash (in milder cases), and cold and clammy skin with cyanosis or pale color.
Causes eye burns. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).