- Nickel, tetrakis(triphenylphosphine)-, (T-4)-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Refrigerator (approx 4 C). Do not expose to air. Store under an inert atmosphere.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Handle under an inert atmosphere. Store protected from air.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Provide ventilation. Place under an inert atmosphere.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May decompose on exposure to air.
Strong oxidizing agents, air.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nickel oxide, nickel, phosphine.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
0.1 mg/m3 TLV
G-A4, I-1, N-1, CP65
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.