- Bis(chlorodimethylsilyl) oxide
- Bis(chlorodimethylsilyl) ether
Straw-colored - amber liquid. Acrid odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 11 34
S 16 26 36/37/39 45
Melting point, °C
26 - 27
Boiling point, °C
40 - 41 (0.5 torr)
1.038 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.41 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Flammables-area. Store under an inert atmosphere.
Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
Oxidizing materials, strong oxidizing agents, acids, bases, alcohols, amines.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, silicon oxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Combustion generates toxic fumes. Will burn if involved in a fire. Containers may explode if exposed to fire. Extinguishing media: Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Inhalation may be fatal as a result of spasm, inflammation, edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. May cause burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Causes skin burns. May cause dermatitis.
Causes eye burns.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.