- Tetramethylphosphorochloridic diamide
- Bis(dimethylamino)phosphinic chloride
- Bis(N,N-dimethylamino)phosphinic chloride
- Bis(dimethylamino)chlorophosphine oxide
- N,N,N',N'-Tetramethylphosphorodiamidic chloride
- Chlorobis(dimethylamino)phosphine oxide
Clear, colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 36/37/39 45
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.65 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
1.47 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Corrosives area. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Discard contaminated shoes. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Chlorine, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Containers may explode when heated. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. Do NOT get water inside containers. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).