- DL-2,3,5,6-Tetrahydro-6-phenylimidazo[2,1-b]thiazole hydrochloride
- Imidazo(2,1-b)thiazole, 2,3,5,6-tetrahydro-6-phenyl-, monohydrochloride, (+/-)
An anthelmintic in the treatment of many nematodes particularly in veterinary applications.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Heat of fusion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not ingest or inhale. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear safety glasses and chemical goggles if splashing is possible. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Wash area with soap and water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Harmful if swallowed. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Causes gastrointestinal tract irritation. Systemic exposure may cause skin dermatitis.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Causes irritation of the mucous membrane and upper respiratory tract.
Causes skin irritation. The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
Causes eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.