- Carbonothioic dihydrazide
- Thiocarbonic dihydrazide
Crystalline needles and plates.
Thiocarbohydrazide is used in electron microscopy to produce electron-opaque deposits for ultrastructural analysis.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 5 26/28 21
S 15 28 36/37/39 45
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Primary Irritant
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Decomposition point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.07 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. May form flammable dust-air mixtures. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale. Avoid mechanical shock and friction. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation.
Substance is shock sensitive and thermally unstable.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Dusts at sufficient concentrations can form explosive mixtures with air. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Flammable solid. Material is shock sensitive and potentially explosive. Greatly increases the burning rate of combustible materials. Extinguishing media: Use water spray, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of nitrogen oxides and sulfur oxides.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May be fatal if swallowed. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May cause central nervous system effects.
Inhalation of dust may cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material.
Dust may cause mechanical irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code