- 2,7-Naphthalenedisulfonic acid,4-(2-arsonophenyl)azo-3-hydro
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
149 - 150
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Poison room locked.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, sodium oxide, sulfur oxides (SOx), including sulfur oxide and sulfur dioxide, arsenic fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
NIOSH: Potential Occupational Carcinogen.
The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation. The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
May cause eye irritation. The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III