- Stannous fluoride
- Tin difluoride
White crystalline solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Tumorigen; Drug; Mutagen
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
Heat of fusion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep refrigerated. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Do not expose to air. Store protected from moisture. Store under an inert atmosphere.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Store protected from air. Wash clothing before reuse. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Wear goggles and self-contained respirator. Skin contact should be prevented by protective clothing.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, fluoride fumes, fluorine.
Wear a self contained breathing apparatus with full facepiece operated in pressure demand or other positive pressure mode. Inorganic tin cmpd (as tin)
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
TLV (as tin): 2 mg/m3 (ACGIH 1997).
Repeated exposure may cause erosion of teeth. Chronic exposure to fluoride compounds may cause systemic toxicity.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Ingestion of large amounts of fluoride may include salivation, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fever, labored breathing. Inorganic fluorides can be harmful. Acute exposure to fluorine compounds can lead to digestive tract burns, and abdominal pain.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. Exposure to the mist and vapor may erode exposed teeth.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code