- Stannous sulfate
Heavy white or yellowish crystals.
Substance is used in tin plating.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep away from water. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not allow contact with water. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May decompose on exposure to moist air or water.
Moisture, strong oxidizing agents.
Oxides of sulfur, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, tin/tin oxides.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam. Do NOT get water inside containers.
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis. Reproductive effects have been reported in animals. Chronic exposure to tin oxide dusts and fumes may result in stannosis (benign pneumoconiosis). None
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Ingested inorganic tin exhibits only moderate toxicity due to poor absorption and rapid tissue turnover. Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. May interfere with various enzyme systems. Inorganic tin salts may cause systemic effects on the central nervous system, heart and liver.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. Irritation may lead to chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. Inhalation of fumes may cause metal fume fever, which is characterized by flu-like symptoms with metallic taste, fever, chills, cough, weakness, chest pain, muscle pain and increased white blood cell count. May cause chemical bronchitis with coughing and difficulty in breathing. When inhaled as a dust or fume, may cause benign pneumoconiosis.
May cause skin irritation. Prolonged and/or repeated contact may cause irritation and/or dermatitis.
May cause eye irritation.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2833 29 90