- Stannic sulfide
- C.I. Pigment Yellow 38
- Mosaic gold
Gold-yellow powder. Odorless.
Gilding and bronzing metals, gypsum, wood and paper, usually by suspending in lacquer or varnish.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry area in a tightly sealed container.
Safety glasses, rubber gloves, apron, dust mask.
NIOSH approved dust respirator.
Isolate spill area and provide ventilation. Vacuum up spill using a high efficiency particulate absolute (HEPA) air filter and place in a closed container for proper disposal. Take care not to raise dust.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong acids and bases.
Oxides of sulfur and hydrogen sulfide.
Use suitable extinguishing media for surrounding materials and type of fire. Firefighters must wear full face, self-contained breathing apparatus with full protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
When heated to decomposition, tin sulfide may emit toxic fumes of SOx. Contact with strong acids may liberate hydrogen sulfide which may form explosive mixtures with air.
OSHA PEL: 2 mg/m3 as Sn.
Tin compounds have variable toxicity. Elemental tin and organic compounds have low toxicity and are poorly absorbed when ingested. Some inorganic tin salts are irritating or can liberate toxic fumes on decomposition. Inhalation of tin dusts over a period of years may cause pneumoconiosis. Sulfides of the heavy metals are generally insoluble and hence have little toxic action except through the liberation of hydrogen sulfide
May cause gastrointestinal irritation. May cause nausea and vomiting.
May cause irritation to the nose and throat. May cause throat dryness and coughing. Prolonged or repeated exposure may cause pneumoconiosis.
May cause irritation. May cause redness and itching.
May cause irritation. May cause redness, itching and watering.
Give 1-2 glasses of milk or water and induce vomiting. Seek medical attention. Never induce vomiting or give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Remove victim to fresh air, keep warm and quiet, give oxygen if breathing is difficult and seek medical attention.
Remove contaminated clothing, brush material off skin, wash affected area with mild soap and water, seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
Flush with lukewarm water, lifting upper and lower eyelids, for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.