- 1,3,5-Trichloro-1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6-(1H, 3H, 5H)-trione
- Trichloroiminocyanuric acid
- Trichloroisocyanuric acid
White crystalline powder or granules with chlorine odor. Slightly hygroscopic.
Swimming pool sanitizer to reduce bacteria count, active ingredient in indust deodorants.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Oxidising; Harmful; Contact with acids liberates toxic gas; Irritant; Dangerous for the Environment
R 8 22 31 36/37 50/53
S 8 26 41 60 61
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Human Data; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
225 - 230
Boiling point, °C
>1 g/cm3 (20 C) (solid)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Do not store near combustible materials. Corrosives area. Keep away from acids. Store protected from moisture.
C D1B D2B
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with clothing and other combustible materials. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Do not use combustible materials such as paper towels to clean up spill.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Moisture, reducing agents, acids, methanoic acid, oxalic acid).
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Strong oxidizer. Contact with combustible materials may cause a fire. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water with caution and in flooding amounts. Contact with acid or acid fumes evolves heat and flammable vapors. Some oxidizers may react explosively with hydrocarbons(fuel). May accelerate burning if involved in a fire. Containers may explode when heated. Extinguishing media: Contact professional fire-fighters immediately. For small fires DO NOT use dry chemicals, carbon dioxide, halon or foams. USE WATER ONLY. For large fires flood fire with water from a distance.
These substances will accelerate burning when involved in a fire. Some may decompose explosively when heated or involved in a fire. May explode from heat or contamination. Some will react explosively with hydrocarbons (fuels). May ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.). Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may create fire or explosion hazard.
Toxic chlorine or nitrogen trichloride may be formed in fires.
May cause liver and kidney damage. Effects may be delayed.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, possibly with blood.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. May cause acute pulmonary edema, asphyxia, chemical pneumonitis, and upper airway obstruction caused by edema.
May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
May cause conjunctivitis. May cause permanent corneal opacification.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
USCG CHRIS Code
2933 69 80
Std. Transport #