- Tris(4-tolyl) phosphite
- Tri-p-cresyl phosphite
- Tris(p-methylphenyl) phosphite
- Tris(4-methylphenyl) phosphite
- Phosphorous acid, tri-p-tolyl ester
- Phosphorous acid, tris(4-methylphenyl) ester
Slightly yellow powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
116 - 120
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.134 g/cm3 (15 C)
Solubility in water
1.5751 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Corrosives area.
Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Wear appropriate protective clothing and gloves to prevent skin exposure. Use safety goggles.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Will burn if involved in a fire. Combustible Liquid. Can form explosive mixtures at temperatures above the flashpoint. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause corrosion and permanent tissue destruction of the esophagus and digestive tract.
May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and pulmonary edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. May cause abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and inflammation of the gums nd mouth.
May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns.
Get medical aid. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.