- Triphenyl phosphorus oxide
- Triphenylphosphine monoxide
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
harmful, dangerous for the environment
R 22 36/37/38 52/53
S 26 36/37/39 61
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
155 - 158
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
7.5 (50 C)
1.2124 g/cm3 (22.6 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Wash clothing before reuse.
Eyes: Wear safety glasses and chemical goggles if splashing is possible. Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use. Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Phosphine, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2931 00 95