- Triphenylmethyl bromide
- Benzene, 1,1',1''-(bromomethylidyne)tris-
Slightly yellow solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 36/37/39 45
Boiling point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Corrosives area. Refrigerator (approx 4 C).
Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, hydrogen bromide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic fumes. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Substance is noncombustible; use agent most appropriate to extinguish surrounding fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. May cause cardiac disturbances. May cause central nervous system depression. May cause systemic effects.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. May cause cardiac abnormalities. May cause systemic effects. Inhalation at high concentrations may cause CNS depression and asphixiation.
Causes skin burns. May cause skin rash (in milder cases), and cold and clammy skin with cyanosis or pale color.
Causes eye burns. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III