- Tri-tert-butyl borate
- Tris(tert-butyl) borate
- Boric acid, tris(1,1-dimethylethyl) ester
Clear, colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
18 - 19
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.6 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.3902 (15 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Keep under a nitrogen blanket. Flammables-area.
Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Container should be opened by a technically qualified person. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear chemical goggles. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear a chemical apron.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container.
Strong oxidizing agents, moist air or water.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxides of boron.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Can burn in a fire, releasing toxic vapors. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Get medical aid. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids.
I; II; III