- Bis(1,1-dimethylethyl) dicarbonate
- BOC anhydride
- Dicarbonic acid, bis(1,1-dimethylethyl) ester
- Di-tert-butyl oxydiformate
- Di-tert-butyl pyrocarbonate
- Formic acid, oxydi-, di-tert-butyl ester
Clear or slight yellow solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
flammable, very toxic, irritant, sensitizing
R 26 36/38 43
S 26 28 36/37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
20 - 23
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.05 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.4085 (25 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Refrigerator (approx 4 C).
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Scoop up with a nonsparking tool, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Water spray may reduce vapor but may not prevent ignition in closed spaces.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, oxidizing agents, acids, bases.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Dust can be an explosion hazard when exposed to heat or flame. Flammable solid. May burn rapidly with flare burning effect. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. Extinguishing media: Water may be ineffective. For large fires, use water spray, fog or regular foam. Contact professional fire-fighters immediately. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, sand, earth, water spray or regular foam. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause digestive tract disturbances. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and increased salivation.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Olfactory fatigue may occur. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema.
May cause skin irritation and possible burns.
May cause eye irritation. May cause lacrimation (tearing), blurred vision, and photophobia. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2920 90 10