- Piperazine, 2,5-dimethyl-, (2R,5S)-rel-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.8 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Wash hands before eating. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Scoop up with a nonsparking tool, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, carbon dioxide, hydrogen bromide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Flammable solid. May burn rapidly with flare burning effect. May be ignited by friction, heat, sparks, or flame. Extinguishing media: For large fires, use water spray, fog or regular foam. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, sand, earth, water spray or regular foam. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
Flammable/combustible material. May be ignited by friction, heat, sparks or flames.
Fire may produce irritating and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns.
May cause severe respiratory tract irritation and possible burns.
May cause severe skin irritation and burns.
Causes severe eye irritation. May result in corneal injury.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.